Archive for May, 2013
Today we are proud to announce Black Talons, our new real time tactics game set in a sci-fi universe, featuring a mercenary commander trying to prevail in a ravaged star system. Black Talons is a new incursion on the universe we discovered on Gemini Wars, an innovative real time strategy title released a year ago.
This said, please enjoy the first trailer.
Black Talons is still in development for Windows, Mac and Linux systems. More details about the release date will be provided soon.
• Persistent and customizable squads.
• Deep campaign mode. The actions of the player directly affect the balance of power on the system. There is one main objective to achieve, but there’s much more to do.
• Customizable Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser serves as the base of operations, and can be customized with weapons or infrastructures that will boost the squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield.
• Faction relations. There are a number of neutral minor factions in the game. These factions will have missions available for contract work. When the player completes missions for a certain faction, the relations will improve with that faction. On the other hand, completing missions against a faction will lower the relations with it. Having good relations allows the player to train or buy units unique to that faction. Having bad relations will make that faction randomly attack the player during missions.
• Upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units
• 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle: rain, fog, snow, ionstorms and more insane stuff.
• Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer. Each class can carry a different set of weapons and has its own abilities. Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.